We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: July 6, 2016
Help Halt Halitosis with Healthy Oral Hygiene Habits
If you suffer from bad breath, then you have halitosis. It’s a common dental condition that is directly related to your dental hygiene habits.
How Halitosis Is Determined by Dental Health
According to family dentistry specialists, bad oral hygiene and health can lead to bad breath. See, food particles stay in your mouth and breed bacteria around your teeth, gums, and tongue. If not removed, this can develop into plaque, which can lead to tooth decay, gum disease, and very bad breath.
Pointers To Prevent Bad Breath
Luckily, simply taking care of your teeth can help halitosis. Follow this expert advice to eliminate bad breath for good:
- Brush at least two times a day to clean away food particles and plaque from your teeth, gums, and mouth.
- Strive to brush after each time you eat.
- Get a new toothbrush every three months or after an illness.
- Brush your tongue to remove built-up bacteria.
- Floss daily.
- Rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash in the morning and at night.
- See an affordable dentist at least twice a year for professional cleanings and check-ups to detect other dental problems that may be causing halitosis.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your mouth moist and rinse away any food particles and bacteria on your teeth.
- Stop smoking and using tobacco products.
- Discuss any medical conditions and medications with a family dentistry expert to see if they may contribute to bad breath.
- Have any dental problems treated by an affordable dentist to keep them from developing into larger dental problems.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Lake Katrine, call Dentists' Office of The Hudson Valley today at (845) 512-1230 or make an appointment.
Dentists' Office of The Hudson Valley offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Lake Katrine. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dentists' Office of The Hudson Valley, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dentists' Office of The Hudson Valley.