We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: July 20, 2016
Compare the Pros and Cons of Dental Bridges
Do you want to replace missing teeth and are considering dental bridges? Don’t make your dental decision without reading this expert guide.
The Pros of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges have become one of the most common and convenient dental care options for replacing missing teeth. Dental bridges involve placing two crowns around the gap created by missing teeth that serve as anchors for the replacement teeth filling in the gap. Dental bridges offer a number of benefits, including:
- May only require one visit to your dental care practice for placement if all the teeth being replaced have been extracted or naturally lost.
- No bone grafting is needed to strengthen poor bone structure.
- Lower cost than dental implants, particularly if you need to have multiple replaced.
The Uh-Ohs of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges have many positive attributes, but they also have some negative aspects. It’s important to understand their drawbacks before replacing teeth with this treatment. The following are issues you may consider:
- Since dental bridges are supported by crowns on adjacent teeth, placing the crowns is likely to damage the healthy tooth structure and put a great deal of pressure on these teeth.
- You may experience later gum and bone recession because dental bridges do not replace the roots in the bone of missing teeth. This can call for later costly treatments, which can be pricey even with an affordable dentist.
- Dental bridges must be replaced every 10 to 15 years, which can be costly, even with an affordable dentist. This can make the longer-lasting dental implants much more cost-effective over time.
Talk to your dentists about your dental and personal needs to see if dental bridges are your smile solution.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Lake Katrine, call Dentists' Office of The Hudson Valley today at (845) 512-1230 or make an appointment.
Dentists' Office of The Hudson Valley offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Lake Katrine. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dentists' Office of The Hudson Valley, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dentists' Office of The Hudson Valley.